Cabinet Secretary for Education Ezekiel Machogu has released the university and college placement results for the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). When releasing the results, the minister said that over 140,000 candidates were placed in both public and private universities.
Over 144,000 students were also placed in both TVET colleges and secondary teacher training colleges.
How to Check University and College Placement for 2022 KCSE Candidates
There are various ways to check the placement results. Some of the include.
Below is the process of checking your placement results by SMS.
Step 1: Send the Candidate index number to 20842. There should be no spaces.
2. ONLINE PORTAL
You can also get the results through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service
Step 1: Visit the KUCCPS portal
Step 2: Put in your Index number, KCSE year, and password
Step 3: View your placement results
Higher Education Funding Service
With the change in the funding model for higher education, students interested in the funding are required to make a formal application. This should be done through Higher Education Funding Services.
This is the new body that is mandated to carry out higher education funding.
Requirements for higher education funding
Below are some of the requirements you require to submit for higher education funding consideration.
- A valid email address
- Valid telephone number (must be registered in your name to apply for a loan)
- KCPE and KCSE index numbers and year of examination
- Passport size photo
- Copy of your National ID (for loan application)
- College/University admission letter
- Your parents’ registered telephone number
- Your parents’ national ID number
- Death certificate if any of your parents are deceased.
- Your birth certificate.
- Two guarantors’ (Can be your parents) ID numbers and registered telephone numbers (for loan application)
- Copy of the sponsorship letter if you were sponsored in Secondary school.
This funding model will only apply to new students. The rest will continue with the existing model.
Reporting dates for 2022 KCSE Candidates
The candidates are expected to start reporting to the placement institutions starting September. This gives them only a month to prepare.